Derek and I also celebrated our engagement anniversary (five years!) on Feb. 14, so it's a noteworthy weekend for us on two fronts.
We kept it really low key this year, which was nice. Lydia and I spent Saturday together while Derek helped at his parent's flower shop. On Sunday we had a Valentine's Day brunch at our house. On Monday we kept up with our annual tradition of enjoying the Parade of Homes. Mom and Brian came with us to the Parade. We were all amazed at how well Lydia did. We were in and out of the car all day long and she just took it all in stride. She looked so cute in her harness on Derek's chest. Her presence there also drew a number of comments from people on how cute she is... and how big. The latter sparked a commentary from me on my work blog discussing why it is people feel compelled to point out things like that. If you're interested, you can read that here.
It was a full day of family fun!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Ready for the Parade of Homes.

4 comments:
what a perfect couple of days!
and I have had chubby babies and those comments annoyed me too. This is my only advice as I'd say to those people, "Chubby babies are happy babies!!" I love chubby cheeks and legs!
I think your blog article is great and I 100% agree! What in the world makes people think that it's all of the sudden okay to comment on your weight - esp. when - duh - I did look in the mirror today! I promised myself I was going to fight fire-with-fire this pregnancy, but so far I've still just kinda bit my tongue. People may not mean to offend, but they do - most pregnant women I know do not appreciate these comments - you already feel self-conscious. "Yes, I know that I already look like I need to deliver next week and I still have 3 months - you really don't need to tell me!" Okay, time for me to finish my soap box that you already stated in your well-written article! :) And it's annoying when they comment on your child too! So, way to address a social issue that really needs fixing, Lisa!
Well, I can say this...I've had both chubby babies and skinny minnies and chubby babies just do better when it comes to sleeping, staying healthy, recovering from illness, eating etc. I always want my babies to chub up especially right before winter when I know they are going to get some kind of sickness and lose ounces!!! Arrrgghh, so stressful. I love chubby babies-- the cheeks, the thighs...oh I can't get enough tickling and pinching on chubby baby thighs. Love it! I wish so much that I could squeeze that Lydia to pieces she is so cute! And I kinda want to jump on board with the Parade of Homes tradish too. Fun and I love Artis, tell her hi for me will ya?!!! love you, Jes
i don't know why people say things...my little siser was a chubbo and she was so dang cute...i think i might comment on the size of the babies cheeks if they are big because i think they are just darling...maybe i should preface it with look how cute...those big cheeks are.
Post a Comment