Sunday, June 20, 2010

Battle of the Dads

Lydia and I have been having a debate. Well, she's only 10 1/2 months old so her speaking ability is somewhat limited (read: nonexistent.) However, if she could talk, I have no doubt our conversation on Sunday would have gone something like this as we debated who has the best dad:

Lydia: My dad is the best dad in the whole world.
Me: I totally agree. Your dad is amazing! But my dad is also a wonderful dad.
Lydia: You mean Grandpa?
Me: Yes. Grandpa Grady is my dad.
Lydia: He is a good grandpa.
Me: What makes him so good?
Lydia: He likes to play with me and make me laugh. He calls me his little moonpie and it makes me smile.
Me: You're right. He's also very good at telling stories. You'll probably hear some when you get a little older. And he is always good about spending time with the family and talking with me. What about your dad? What do you think makes him so great?
Lydia: He always wants to play with me and with mommy and he takes good care of us. He is so funny and gives me good hugs and kisses.
Me: You're right. He does all of that. Plus he takes us fun places and is patient and kind and works hard. He is a wonderful dad.
Lydia: So who has the better dad?
Me: I think we're two of the lucky ones because we have both your amazing dad and my amazing dad.

Who says there has to be just one winner in the "my dad is better than your dad" debate?
In our world, we have a tie.

Happy Father's Day honey! And Happy Father's Day Dad!

Lydia helping Grandpa open his Father's Day presents on Saturday.

Helping Daddy with the gift "she" bought.


All my love...

3 comments:

The Grady's

such a cute post! I love the idea of Lydia debating with you :)

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy

So Cute!!! :)
It is true - there is a tie! Hope Derek and your daddy enjoyed their day!

Karen

Adorable!!! I love the last picture, especially. Can't wait to see you all in just 2 short weeks.