Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Brush with fame

A few weeks ago, Derek and I saw one of Derek's idols in real life.

OK, the view was something like this:


But still, Derek is a long time Beatles fan and Paul McCartney fan (he
credits Paul for his decision to play bass guitar). He was thrilled to see such a
legend live.

I've never been to a such a big name concert before. It was crazy! Rio
Tinto Stadium in Salt Lake was completely sold out.














We met up with one of Derek's friends, Colt, and his wife while we were there.


I recognized the Beatles songs (of course) but I enjoyed a lot of his other music as well. Derek seemed to be in heaven.
It was a quick trip up and back -- made faster by the fact that we didn't bring Lydia (thanks Mom and Dad!) -- but we had lot of fun.

0 comments: