Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ever so thankful

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful — albeit often overlooked — holiday. I am so grateful for the chance to reflect on my innumerable blessings and to do so while gorging myself on an obscene amount of food. :)

This year we spent the holiday at my parent's house. Because of some tragic news for my sister's husband's family (see here) our Thanksgiving plans were altered somewhat when Karen and her family headed to Idaho Falls on Thanksgiving instead of staying with us in Cedar City. Although we missed them, we had a delicious dinner — thanks to the amazing efforts of my mother — and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit with my parents, my brother Brian and his wife Leslie and my Grandma Grady.


In the few hours they were able to spend together, Lydia latched onto her cousin Kate and followed her around like a puppy. Fortunately Kate seemed to really enjoy the attention from her adoring fan.
I can't get enough of these two!


Kate and Lydia are the same distance in age as Karen and I. Perhaps that's why I love seeing them play together. It feels so familiar.


Gearing up for turkey time!


The dinner crew


Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

0 comments: