Friday, January 6, 2012

It was time...

For Christmas to come to an end.
I think the state of my Christmas tree speaks for itself.



Don't get me wrong. I love this holiday of holidays, but for a variety of personal reasons this year just lacked some of its usual spark.
Strangely, nearly everyone I've talked to had similar feelings about this year too.
But don't worry — we had plenty of good times to draw on, mixed in with the lack-luster ones.


This year was the Christmas that kept on giving — in terms of celebration and the generosity of our loved ones — alternating between raucous extended family gatherings and quiet moments with just Derek, Lydia and me. We even extended the holiday to the week after Christmas so we could celebrate post-Christmas with my parents, my brothers and their wives.
I absolutely love spending time with our families, but I have to say the highlights of this year were definitely the quiet moments with the three of us at our house, singing Christmas carols by the tree and watching Lydia's eyes go wide with excitement at the magic of Christmas morning.

I adore her.

Live nativity at Tuacahn — one of my favorite family outings this season.



Magical Christmas morning




A quick visit from Grandpa and Grandma Grady


More presents at Grandma and Grandpa Larson's


"Christmas morning" round 2 — this time at Grandma and Grandpa Grady's


Loving on cousin "Cahn" (Colin) and Grandma


I tried four times to get a picture of Lydia here that looked decent... not really into cooperating with the camera these days.

2 comments:

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy

Fun Fun Fun . . . now that we are into the 'slow months' lets get together!
:)

Tara

Sounds like a fun Christmas! I love the after picture of the tree, our tree looked even worse but sadly I didn't think to take a picture of our tree that gave it's all. love ya