Because of work, Derek wasn't able to join us. However, he drove Lydia and I to Las Vegas Wednesday evening after work, stopping for some dinner and Daddy/daughter bonding time at the McDonald's in Mesquite. 10 days is a long time. I knew they were going to miss each other.
We were fortunate to stay with Derek's aunt and uncle in Henderson, who were kind enough to drive Lydia and I to the airport at 5 a.m. Thursday. Such an early hour really was going above and beyond. Thanks Paula!
My anxiety over the whole flying-alone-with-a-child thing turned out to be worse in my mind than in reality. Although I though the security precaution the demanded that I wrench Lydia's blanket from her fingers as she sobbed hysterically and the TSA agents pretended not to notice was extremely ridiculous, we made it to our gate without further incident and plenty of time to spare.
Lydia was an angel on the flight. The only upset came when she didn't want to put her seatbelt on during our descent into San Antonio where we had a brief layover. However, when the plane touched down and she could suddenly feel how fast we were going it scared her and she looked up at me with worried eyes and said "Mommy, I need my seatbelt!" Good idea. As if I hadn't been wrestling with her over that fact for the last 10 minutes. After that she was all about buckling up.
| Lydia's first experience with headphones. Listening to her favorite music (I'm a VIP) on the iPad was a great distraction. |
| Meeting baby Blake for the first time. Adorable! |
| Lydia and Colin. Such cute cousins! |
1 comments:
hi lisa! figured i would finally comment since i told you i'm reading anyway. that's so awesome that lydia did so well on the planes! she is so beautiful! it was good to see you!
Post a Comment