With young kids, however, I actually really enjoy making it a family holiday -- rather than just a romantic day. This year was a little bit of both.
I made Derek a puzzle valentine and hid pieces of it along his path throughout the day.
Derek spoiled us all with little gifts on the counter for myself, Lydia and Connor. Later, he also had flowers delivered to our house for me and a Valentine's Hello Kitty for Lydia. So sweet.
During the day I had fun making pink heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast and taking Lydia and Connor to deliver some Valentine's treats to my grandma and to some of Lydia's neighborhood friends.
When Derek got home we headed to a wedding reception for one of his friends. Derek and I had agreed earlier that he would take care of dinner and I would take care of dessert, so on the way home from the reception we picked up pizza. After getting the kids settled into bed we enjoyed my homemade version of the Applebee's Blondie and proceeded to watch 4 episodes of Downton Abbey season 3. Yes, that's a lot of episodes to watch and we stayed up way too late, but we haven't indulged like that in a long time -- and we are a little obsessed lately with Downton Abbey. :) All in all the entire day proved to be the perfect way to relax and celebrate.
Happy Valentine's Derek! You are the love of my life!
![]() |
| I feel so lucky to have two such amazing guys in my life! |


1 comments:
Holy cow Derek and mini-Derek. So sweet!
Post a Comment