Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer snapshot - June

Hold onto your hats, folks. I'm back! And the month of June was filled with fun.

Here's a snapshot of what we were up to the first month of our summer (minus our fantastic family reunion vacation, which totally deserves its own post later).

Booster seat
Lydia transitioned to a booster seat in the car. SO much easier and she loves it. I can't believe she's big enough for this!


Family home evening picnic
A pizza picnic across from the temple, then a tour of the visitor's center turned out to be a raging Family Home Evening success. It's so wonderful to know we can be together forever as a family.




Dolly domestic: making baby food
For whatever reason I never latched onto making my own baby food for Lydia. I was working full time back then and there just didn't seem to ever be enough time. Well, I'm not swimming in time these days either, but I have enjoyed pureeing up a variety of veggies for Connor to try. Lydia likes helping too.


Mmmm... nothing says delicious like mushy, squishy sweet potatoes.


Jumpin' Jacks
We tried this place for the first time with one of my friends and her children. Lydia cannot wait to take Daddy back to try it out. Basically it's a huge room filled with bounce houses. What's not to love? 



Swimming time!
My in-laws finished their pool and we have thoroughly enjoyed taking advantage of their generosity :) With all the added exposure to the pool, it's amazing how much Lydia has progressed with the basics she learned in her swimming lessons.



Best seat in the pool.

Connor taking a break from the sun with Grandma Larson.
 High chair time
The transition to spoon feedings and sippy cups is always hard for me, but Connor has been doing great! He seems to prefer fruits to veggies (probably normal) but this summer he's been eating a wide range of both.




Fictionist
Derek and I enjoyed a fantastic concert featuring Fictionist and also several of The Voice contestants from Utah. It's so great to get out for a date on occasion. 


Fire hose
Our church had an activity for the children where they got to climb in a fire truck and then, later, the firemen sprayed them with the fire hose. For anyone who has seen the Weird Al movie "UHF" it wasn't anything like that -- but the kids loved it!



0 comments: