I love the Fourth of July! It's one of my favorite holidays and this year was wonderful yet again -- even if it wasn't exactly what we expected.
We'd spent the days preceding the holiday in Cedar City enjoying the
Utah Shakespeare Festival. Six plays in three days -- all on work assignment. It's one of my favorite things about my job.
Derek played the heroic role of traveling back and forth between St. George and Cedar City to shuffle kids while I did interviews and attended events related to the festival. He was rewarded by joining me for five of the six plays. I'm so grateful that I married a guy who enjoys a cultured theatrical experience as much as I do.
In the midst of all this shuffling and work, our air conditioning was out at our house, so Derek was also dealing with that. Ugh! Eight days later, after the highest temps of any year that I can recall (115) we had AC again.
We were fortunate to be in Cedar City while my Grandma Petty was in town and were able to celebrate her birthday with her on July 3.
 |
| Wilma Petty turning 82 |
 |
| Connor enjoyed his first puffs while we were in Cedar. |
We hit the parade on the morning of July 4th, then headed to the park for the games and food afterward, followed by a cookout at my parent's house. Later we drove out to view the city fireworks, then lit our own sparklers in the circle in front of the house -- just like when I was a child. It was a great day!
 |
| Four generations on the Fourth of July |
 |
| Lydia insisted on trying the climbing wall. I had no idea she would be brave enough, or even interested in such an activity but she did fantastic! I was quite proud, considering my first attempt at rock climbing came well into my adult life and I didn't really love it. |
 |
| Lydia opted to watch the fireworks from the warmth of the back of the car. She kept telling us how cold she was. Such a St. George girl. |
 |
| Happy birthday America! |
 |
| Lydia and Cedar City Grandma |
0 comments:
Post a Comment