Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hola!

Well, we're back from our fabulous week in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico! We had such a great time and took so many pictures -- I'll probably have to do a few different posts to document everything.

Myself, Derek and his parents, Kurtis and Diana Larson, left around 7 a.m. March 14 for Las Vegas to catch our flight. We had a four hour layover in Mexico City -- something I was nervous about after one of my friends from work kept emailing me stories from the AP wire about how violent things have been in Mexico lately, particularly in the Mexico City airport. But we got along fine. Derek's ability to speak Spanish was an enormous help throughout the trip (plus it was so cute to see him so excited to be able to use his mission language again.) Our only hitch on the way there was the ticket counter in Vegas accidentally printed two tickets in Derek's name for our connecting flight out of Mexico City and none for my father-in-law Kurtis. We failed to check until we were going through customs and there was some concern he would have go wait overnight in the airport to catch another plane. Luckily, there was room on ours and we all arrived to Puerto Vallarta safely. I now have my very first passport stamp :)

Waiting in Las Vegas for our plane.


My favorite traveling companion :)

1 comments:

Allen Family

That sounds so great! I love Peurto Vallarta! I'm having a moment of pure envy right now. So, in your pix...you are totally not even showing! Do you know what you're having? We find out on Thursday!!! I'm excited but the kids are ecstatic! Glad you had a great trip! loves, jes