Sunday, June 6, 2010

Celebrating 10 months and 5 years

Lydia is pretty pleased that she turned 10 months old today. Either that or she's thrilled about the other half of this post, that her mom and dad got to celebrate their 5 year anniversary while she spent the weekend at Grandpa and Grandma Grady's.

It's true, our adorable little one is 10 months old. She is getting to be such a spunky little gal. She makes me laugh so hard with her funny faces, excitement over the littlest things and random sound effects. What did we ever do without her?








While we were away, she seems to have picked up a new fascination with having her mouth open, tongue out. Other new things in her life, she likes to shake her head no, although we're not sure if she means "no" or if she just likes the feeling of tossing her head from side to side.














See what I mean about the open mouth?
I love her!!!




Meanwhile, Derek and I were enjoying a little bit of this:

And this...


Since we didn't get to celebrate much on our actual anniversary (May 14), we decided a weekend getaway was in order so we headed to Springdale and Zion National Park.
Even after living so close to such spectacular beauty much of my life, I am still amazed that places like Zion exist. It was so fun to play tourist for the weekend.

We stayed at Cable Mountain Lodge and it was excellent! We really packed the two days with what I think was a perfect blend of sight seeing and relaxation.

Art galleries. Tourist shops. Dinner at Oscars.
Giant screen version of "Iron Man 2."
Hikes to The Watchman and Emerald Pools.
Swimming at the hotel. Dinner at Spotted Dog.
More galleries and shopping. Ice cream cones.
Sleeping in on Sunday. 3-D movie "Sea Rex."

Laying on my back and looking up at this kind of majestic beauty makes me feel so small. (view of the waterfall at upper Emerald Pool)

Lisa and Derek on the way to the Upper Emerald Pools.


Lisa with a view of The Watchman in Zion National Park.


We returned to real life on Sunday afternoon. Of course we were excited to see our sweet Lydia but the weekend for just the two of us was so great! I know it sounds cliche and cheesy (hey, this is an anniversary post, what do you expect?) but I really do love Derek even more than I did on our wedding day.

3 comments:

Marcie

Happy Anniversary! I love the mouth open faces on lydia, so cute!

Allen Family

I love that you got to have a true anniversary getaway! How nice to have Grandma around to help with Lydia. That's so good for you guys! Zion is awesome. I love that place. --jes

Emily Petty

What a fantastic weekend getaway - they are so needed! Lydia's open mouth is hilarious!