Sunday, September 12, 2010

Thirty plus one

It's birthday season around our house -- Lydia, then Derek, then me!

We celebrated my 31st birthday the first weekend in September. Like Derek's birthday a couple of weeks ago, mine was a multi-day event :)

Derek took me to our cabin for the weekend to celebrate. It was great -- me with my two favorite people! We went on a hike, roasted hot dogs, read and relaxed.

Derek's turn to be "pregnant" carrying Lydia this way.
I think he got the worst of it since she's gained quite a few pounds since my pregnancy days.



I love this picture of Lydia "reading." She kept climbing in this little chair, trying to bring her book with her. It takes some work for a 1-year-old to get situated like this -- I laughed every time she did it.



On Sunday my mom baked one of her fabulous birthday dinners and cakes for me. Delicious! We stayed the night in Cedar to visit with my family.

31 candles and everything. Derek was thrilled to have more fodder for his endless supply of old jokes.
That's what I get for marrying a younger man.


Lydia and her favorite thing about Grandma's house -- their dog Sabrina. She loves Sabrina ("dog" is even her first word) but Sabrina is not such a fan of Lydia... except when she's feeding her.


On Monday we went to Derek's parent's house for a birthday cookout. (I forgot to take pictures) Then on Tuesday we went to dinner for Derek and I my birthdays with our good friends the Marshalls. I felt totally spoiled! It was a great birthday!

So now I'm "in my thirties" and feeling great about it. I love where I am at this point in my life. It's exactly where I want to be.

5 comments:

Etts a Beautiful Life

Happy birthday! So glad you are feeling fulfilled and happy!

Anonymous

You totally do not look like you're 31!! Happy Birthday, and by the way I can't get over how adorable Lydia is.

Artis

You being 31 is great. Me being old enough to have children in their thirties is awful. Love the pics!

Allen Family

Happy birth li-li! love you so much!-- Jes

Emily Petty

I LOVE the picture of Lydia reading - so cute! And Happy Birthday to all of your family - I hit 30 a couple weeks ago, so I guess we're in the same boat! :)