... because your Willy Wonka's got nothing on this candy lady.
The Saturday after Thanksgiving I was invited to a candy-making day at Derek's Grandma Noma's house, along with his Aunt Paula and cousin, Mandy. Noma has been hand dipping candy for years and as with everything else she does in her kitchen, her candy is amazing!
I was so excited to be included in with the Clark women and make my first attempt at candy dipping.
I had no idea what a process this is. It was a full day of mint, peanut butter and caramel centers with hours of dipping each piece into silky milk chocolate. Although we did not weigh or count how much candy we ended up with after roughly 8 hours of work, we used 15 pounds of chocolate so that is some indication. All I know is the end result is a whole heap of candy at my house to use for gifts and parties that is constantly beckoning me to have another piece.
Hmmm... maybe just one more...
Getting started
One of my tasks was the peanut butter centers. I don't want to brag, but they are absolutely heavenly!
Putting them in candy papers -- the finishing touch.
2 comments:
looks yumy
What a fun thing to start off the season with! I am amazed at your will power as I know I would eat them before they left as gifts.
And have I mentioned it lately? You look amazing.
Post a Comment