On Wednesday we all decided to take advantage of half-price day at the Ft. Worth, Texas zoo. And when I saw "we all" I mean myself, Derek, Lydia, Karen, Mike, Kate, Dylan, my mom, Leslie and Colin ... and EVERYONE ELSE in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex.
OK, the latter is a bit of an exaggeration, but it was a pretty crowded day at the zoo.
Despite the challenges of maneuvering a stroller through the throng (what am I saying, Derek was on stroller duty all day) I thought the day was really fun. It was so cute to see Lydia enjoying the animals -- especially her two favorites: monkeys and lions. She can't say the words but she makes great monkey and lion sounds.
Let's just say, Karen was not a fan of the crowds...
...But she cheered up when we saw the Peterman Reality Bus Tour.
(True "Seinfeld" fans will understand that one)
Grandma with all her grandkids
That night, after freshening up, we went to a far, far less chaotic place: The Dallas Temple for a session with Mike and Karen. Thanks to Grandma for taking care of the kids.
3 comments:
hey ask your sister if they know the countryman family....
What a fun trip to Texas! Lydia is sure looking big these days...she is so cute :)
The hand-holding in the strollers is adorable!
Post a Comment