At least that's what my husband said today.
OK, he didn't use the word "terrible" but as I look at him settled on the couch with his laptop, iPad and cell phone nearby, I can't help wondering if we would both struggle in the pioneering department. Especially if the destination were anywhere hot.
Such as in St. George.
Today we're putting our pioneer spirit to the test. Afterall, this is the thermostat in our home.
And that was taken around 9:3o tonight when all the windows were open and the fans going full speed.
Yep, our air conditioner is on hiatus.
Of course it would decide to take a break on a Friday night leading into Saturday when it is impossible to get a repair person to your home.
We didn't know for certain it was broken until midday today when we returned from swimming as a family and the house lacked that certain cool feeling you get when you come in out of the hot sun.
I called someone immediately. It'll be Monday or Tuesday before we can get it fixed.
Excellent.
The worst part is we had already arranged to have a babysitter come watch Lydia tonight while Derek and I headed to ward temple night and then to dinner. So on the one hand it was good for us, we escaped the heat for a couple of hours. But our poor daughter and her babysitter... I was so embarrassed. I seriously don't know what I would have done if I was a teenager called upon to babysit under such conditions.
She was sweet about it.
I generously overpaid and told her it was "hazard pay."
Now all that's left is to try to go to sleep myself... Lots of luck with that. Do you think it's weird that I am contemplating curling up with some packages of frozen vegetables?
3 comments:
Lisa, this happened to us when we first moved to St. George. I think it was July. We didn't know anyone and it was a Saturday as well. It was in the high 90s in the house and we couldn't take it so we went and slept in Brett's car. We left the car on with the AC running all night. One of the most uncomfortable nights I've ever spent. I'm sorry!
I hope you got it fixed! Don't you remember when that happened to Kallee and I? We came into work early and left late all week long. Then we slept in our swimsuits and dumped water on ourselves periodically throughout the night. It was so hot. I feel your pain. It happened to me again in Texas -- 95 degrees in my house. Ridiculous. A good working AC is worth its weight in gold. I'm sorry it happened to you!
I feel your pain. Since we didn't have electricity in Kenya, obviously AC was out of the question. A good cross breeze through the windows was the best we could hope for. Good luck! I say bring on the frozen peas! Whatever it takes.
Post a Comment