Saturday, September 10, 2011

Belated anniversary and happy birthday to me


I live in a beautiful place!


Sadly, our summer got away from us and with it went our intentions to, you know, actually celebrate our 6 year wedding anniversary in May. The actual anniversary was spent at my brother's wedding open house, so we wanted to follow up with a getaway of our own and, finally, over Labor Day, we did.

The trip also coincided with my birthday, so it worked out perfectly.

Thanks to my parents, Derek and I were able to get away without Lydia and enjoy two nights at Ruby's Inn in Bryce Canyon. It was so great! I love spending time with Derek and although I adore Lydia, it's nice to occasionally go back to the memories of when it was just the two of us and our conversations included full uninterrupted sentences at dinner ;)

Hot tub, sleeping in, great food, hiking,
talking, reading, shopping.

What's not to love?












The weekend ended with birthday dinner at my parent's house and reuniting with this little girl.


My mom made me this fantastic running shoe cake!


It totally went with my parents' theme gift of all things to pamper my feet (pedicure, slippers, movie to watch with my feet up etc.) So cute. It made me want to be someone who is worthy of a running shoe cake — meaning it encouraged me to recommit myself to being more regular with my running... and to work off a weekend (read: month long) celebration of food.

Such a great weekend!

4 comments:

Rachel

Happy belated birthday! I can't believe I missed it ... forgive me. And the month-long food celebration? Totally normal. Totally merited. Love the cake show. Love the mini-vaca.

Mandy

Yeah Happy Birthday!!! Looks like tons of fun!! And you look AMAZING!!! You will have to give me your skinny secrets. Unless it involves no chocolate. Then I don't want to know. haha So excited to see you guys soon!!! I talked to Grandma last night and we need to plan candy-making-day!!! xo

Karen

Cute cake! And, I miss Bryce Canyon. Ahhh, so pretty. Love you guys!

Emma

I love the birthday theme!
And hello Lisa, I think you've lost HALF of your beautiful self. You look amazing. Well done friend!


and PS. Your comment on my blog about us being a REAL family made me laugh (out loud) because I was just telling Kevin the same thing the other day... he thought I was crazy. Not you, you get me...