Loathed by most singles, merely tolerated by some couples and ignored by others... I don't get it. What's not to love about a day that calls for cheesy cards, soft sugar cookies piled with even sweeter frosting, and an abundance of red paired with pink (one of the few times this color combination is accepted)?
Yes, Cupid and I have had our disagreements in the past. I well remember the year one of one of my co-workers and I were determined to have flowers delivered to us at work — a tall order since neither of us were dating anyone at the time. In the end it was our parents that came through for us.
Sweet... and sad, all at the same time.
However, one of the things I love about this month — in addition to the cookies I already mentioned — is the decorations that go with it.
This year I stole an idea from my friend, Rachel, and made this heart wreath. I have to say, it turned out better than I expected. It was pretty simple, just a little time consuming. But with several episodes of "Parenthood" on DVD in the background the time went by quickly.
I like it so much that I made a round version for my mother-in-law for her birthday.
2 comments:
The wreaths look awesome. And I agree about Valentine's -- it gets a bad wrap. Lane always tries to pretend like he's tolerating it because, he says, he doesn't need a day to celebrate his love for me. I say: Why not? Let's make a big deal of it! I know he loves me the other 364 days, but let's just live it up for one day.
That is SO cute!!! I totally want one! Great job, Lis. Love you!
Post a Comment