After my whining post Thursday, I figure I better follow it up with something happy — and then I promise I'll try to keep my posts regarding Lydia and the bathroom to a bare minimum.
Truly, what difference a day makes. I'm not sure I'd live through Thursday again if I had to, but now it almost seems worth it. Plus it helps that Derek came home like a night in shining armor on Thursday evening and took care of dinner, clean up and all kinds of household things while I whiled away the hours (OK, I'm exaggerating, but it felt like hours) singing songs and reading stories to Lydia while she sat on the potty.
However, Friday dawned with renewed energy and it turned out to be an accident-free day! Even more amazing than that was the text I received from our baby sitter Friday evening.
Derek and I decided to go to the movies ("Hunger Games" which was awesome, by the way) even though leaving Lydia with a sitter while potty training seemed unwise.
I needed a break.
It turned out to be more than fine. I got a text from our sitter partway through the movie that Lydia had gone into the bathroom by herself without even telling the sitter and had taken care of business all on her own. When our sitter followed her in to check on her Lydia demanded that she do it herself. And she did! I was positively beaming right there in the movie theater.
I know. I know. Such a silly mom thing. But trust me, when you're potty training a child, you'll understand.
Suffice it to say the weekend has been long, but successful. We've been accident free since Thursday and more and more Lydia wants to go in and do it all herself.
Ah! What a difference a day makes!
Baku's Boulevard
9 years ago
1 comments:
This gives me hope!
Post a Comment