This little girl was finally ready to move out of her crib!
I'm not sure what the normal age is to move a child from a crib to a toddler bed, but it feels like the majority of my friends have done so with their children far earlier than we did with Lydia. However, since she showed absolutely no interest in sleeping elsewhere and didn't try to climb out of her crib, I saw no reason to hurry the process.
You just can 't beat having your child safely "caged" at night, right?
Well, on Sunday, June 3, Lydia decided it was time to move on.
We laid her down for her nap Sunday afternoon and a few minutes later she came running into the living room to announce to Derek and I that "I'm a big girl! I climbed out!"
Evidently, she was ready.
Not wanting to miss out on nap time by switching her bed right then, we told her if she would show us how big she was by staying in her bed for nap, we would give her a "new" bed that night.
Ya, that didn't work so well.
She climbed out four or five more times when finally Derek had enough and turned her door knob around and locked the door.
Holy cow! Did that make her mad.
We had a full screaming fest going on in her room. But thanks to the amazing technology of a video monitor (hands down still one of the most sanity-saving pieces of baby equipment we bought) we could see she was safe and so we let her cry.
Eventually, she climbed back into her crib and had a nap.
That evening, as promised, we made the switch.
She was so excited! And although that first night was rough — more for me than her... I cried because she is growing up so quickly — she's done extremely well.
And so, another milestone has come and gone.
She is such a darling little girl!
Baku's Boulevard
9 years ago
2 comments:
wow - so big! :) Yay for Lydia!
She is getting so big!
Post a Comment