Sunday, September 2, 2012

30 years and 29 weeks

My wonderful husband celebrated the big 3-0 on Aug. 23. 

30 candles
 He's never been one to want a big fuss on his birthday and this year was no exception. Silly boy. I honored his wishes as far as not throwing a big party or anything (too bad) but I did try to make a big deal of things on his birthday. 

It started with a door decorating project at his school at 6:30 a.m. Then I took cupcakes over to the faculty room at lunchtime (lamely, I forgot to photograph any of these things). Then Lydia and I took popsicles for his students that afternoon.
That evening he picked meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner. That and gifts rounded out a rather quiet birthday. He said it was just what he wanted. 
The next night we went to dinner with his family and had cake and ice cream. 

Even without a lot of hoopla I hope he knows how much I love him! He works so hard for our family. He is my best friend and the one who makes me want to be a better person. Plus everything is just more fun when he is around. 
Happy birthday babe!

Modeling his water belt for running.

****
I've not been as good at documenting the growth of my girth this pregnancy. I hope that isn't indicative of how I'm going to be documenting this little boy's life too. Afterall, I am a second child, so I don't want to act all nonchalant about a second child's milestones :)

Here's my first official profile picture this pregnancy.

 29 weeks
{Aug. 18. 2012}

2 comments:

The Grady's

So cute! Glad Derek had a great bday!

Emma

You look so good! I am pretty sure I look more pregnant then that after a good meal! ;) I can't believe you are over half way done, that little man will be here SO SOON!!!