We celebrated Lydia's 3rd birthday a few weeks ago with a low-key gathering of family at our house.
My initial idea was a bit more creative. I wanted to have a carousel birthday party with a few friends and have everyone ride the carousel and enjoy some carousel-shaped birthday cake.
However, on the day I was going to go print the invitations I thought back to Lydia's 1st birthday when our trip to one of the area splash pads was foiled because of a random splash pad closure.
In an effort to avoid similar disappointment this time around, I emailed the carousel director and it turns out it was a good thing I did. The carousel is in need of some part to repair it and would not be open on her birthday (nor is it open yet).
Sad!
I wracked my brain for something else to do that wouldn't involve too much planning (since her birthday was drawing closer and closer) and would be something she would enjoy. Finally I thought -- what am I doing? I'm stressing out over a party for a 3-year-old who will be happy with a few presents and a pile of cake.
So that's what we did.
I couldn't give up on my carousel theme entirely though, so I stuck with the carousel cake, which she loved.
It was adorable how excited she was about her upcoming birthday. She talked about it for days. "My birthday coming soon!" "It's my birthday!"
The party was a lot of fun. A big thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Grady, Grandma and Grandpa Larson, Great-Grandma Grady, Great-Grandma Noma, Aunt Leslie, Uncle Heber and Aunt Billie for attending.
| Carousel cake |
| Playing with the beauty parlor set and My Little Ponies from Grandma and Grandpa Larson and Great-Grandma Noma. |
| Candyland from Mom and Dad. |
| Fisher Price Little People House (AKA "boys" in the Grady family) from Grandma and Grandpa Grady. |
| My little cupcake and her carousel cupcake. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment