You'd think moving to the 1 p.m. time slot would be a good thing when it comes to getting out the door with two kids, but I think it just gives you a false sense of security -- you think you have more time in the morning than you do so it's still a mad rush at the end. Plus, I had an 11:30 a.m. meeting that was cramping my style in terms of having Connor fed and ready to sleep peacefully through the block of meetings. So, even though we arrived on time, I felt a little disheveled as we clamored into our usual pew and waited for the meeting to begin.
Halfway through Sacrament meeting I had to slip out to feed him. With a giant baby carrier and diaper bag, there is really no way to quietly make such a maneuver. However, my exit was punctuated by Lydia calling out (loudly), "Mommy! I want to go to the bathroom!"
A few minutes after settling myself into the mothers lounge to nurse Connor there was a knock at the door. It was Derek and Lydia. Apparently I had accidentally taken off with all of Lydia's snacks and keep-her-quiet-activities in the diaper bag. Lesson learned. Two bags for next week.
Even with the chaos, we did, however, have a few minutes to spare before we left for church, so I was able to take pictures of my little man looking adorable in his shirt and "tie."
Sunday was also a big day for Lydia. She moved out of the nursery at our church and into the children's class for 3 year olds known as Sunbeams. She officially now attends Primary. Am I crazy? This is a huge milestone, right? It felt like such a momentous day. I was totally nostalgic, yet beaming with excitement about it all weekend.
![]() |
| They had a pajama party and breakfast for all the Primary kids on Saturday to let them meet their new teachers. Lydia was so excited to be part of such a "big girl" affair. |
| Sometimes I can't believe I am lucky enough to call these two little people my children. |
Two months already
We went in for Connor's 2 month check up on Jan. 4 and, surprise, surprise, he is a big boy! He started out life big, so why not keep it going?
Actually, percentile wise it was his height that was nearly off the charts. His weight was up there, but not as far. We are just so grateful that he is healthy and growing!
At two months he is giving us adorable smiles, going between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 hours between daytime feedings and he occasionally gives me a glimmer of hope for things to come when he goes 5 or 6 hours between feedings at night. Nothing consistent as fars as sleeping through the night yet, but I have a feeling it is coming. Right now he just teases me with it every now and then -- thankfully those stretches often come on the nights I REALLY need the sleep.
{Stats}
Length: 24 3/4 inches (95 percentile)
Weight: 13 1bs. 2 oz. (81 percentile)
Head: 15.7 inches (43 percentile)
I nearly forgot to take pictures of him on his actual 2 month birthday so I snapped a couple right before putting him to bed that night. Man, he is such a cute baby!



2 comments:
My goodness, you have a beautiful little family. Well done. :)
And how it is possible she is a Sunbeam? I teach that class & when I read that info my jaw literally fell, one the floor.
And I love me a big chubby baby, I am glad you have one to squish, too. Axel was over 10 lbs when he was born & was in size 4 diapers at 4 months. Enjoy all that chub while it lasts!
Lisa! It's been forever since I've got up with your family. Congrats to you and Leslie on your new babies - they are adorable! Love those pictures of your little Connor wrapped up like a burrito. I think you perfectly described 1 pm church with a newborn. So funny, but seriously, I hope it does get easier. :) Much love to you all!
Post a Comment