Sunday, March 24, 2013

Irish pride

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Connor!
As a Grady (maiden name) and, if you go back a few generations, an O'Grady, it's little wonder that I like to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

Although I typically enjoy putting together some sort of green party for the day, somehow it just didn't happen this year. Well, it didn't happen with friends, that is. We kept it to a family party, which was fun but somewhat trying since Sundays (on which St. Patty's Day fell this year) can be an awfully trying day for (and with) a 3 1/2-year-old.

On Saturday we wore our green garb on a family outing to feed the ducks.

I had visions of a cute family picture before church on Sunday since we all looked rather festive, but as seems to often be the case moments before church, things took a turn for the worse. Lydia opted to have some sort of meltdown while I was feeding Connor, so Derek decided to photograph that instead. 

When she is mad at us, or when she knows she'd done something wrong, she likes to hide her face.

I did get a picture with my darling boy. I love the face he's pulling here. I guess we were all a little frazzled :)
Dinner consisted of a chicken florentine pasta dish, so we had natural green with the spinach -- no dying required. Then we paired it with asparagus, green grapes, cucumbers and green Jell-O cups for dessert. It was delicious -- and as a plus for me and the lose-the-baby-weight-project, it was healthy too.

0 comments: