My line has always been "well, when we have kids, we'll get a blog" since that seems to be what many people do. Well folks -- I started a blog, so you can guess what that means... we're having a baby too!!!
Yes, we are THRILLED to announce we will be expanding our little family in August 2009. The official due date so far is Aug. 8. We've been slowly letting the word get out. I started by telling Derek (of course!) on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I bought a copy of "What To Expect When You're Expecting" and the Willow Tree statue (I collect these) called "New Dad." I put them in separate gift bags and told him to pick one, but that they were both kind of for both of us. He picked the book and I believe the first words out of his mouth were: Are you serious? We were both excited, and understandably nervous. Below are some pictures of that evening's celebration complete with sparkling cider.
2 comments:
Yay! I'm the first comment on your first blog! Welcome to the blog world. I'm so glad your news is out!!!
August 8th is ChloƩ's b-day! Hooray for August! Can't wait for you guys. Congratulations!
Post a Comment