We took some time getting the word out on our happy news, partly because we wanted to make sure everything was OK with the baby before we went public.
We had a scare two days before Christmas when I started bleeding and we had to rush to have emergency blood work done to make sure we hadn't lost the baby. This blood draw was followed by a second draw 48 hours later -- on Christmas day. Luckily we were able to go to the hospital in Cedar City where we were spending the holidays with my family. Because of all that, and the fact that I wasn't allowed to go skiing, we knew everyone would be suspicious. We told my family on Christmas day by giving our cute niece, Kate, a picture frame that said "Cousins" and a note that said "Baby Larson picture available August 2009." Everyone was so wonderfully excited and supportive. It made even the nerve-wracking time of waiting for the blood results something special. In the end, after an early ultra sound, we received the welcome news that the heartbeat looked strong and everything was fine.
After swearing my family to the utmost secrecy (thanks for complying!) we waited to tell Derek's parents when we were a little farther along so they wouldn't have to try to keep the secret too.
We let the cat out of the bag on Diana's birthday (Derek's mom) with a custom made onesie that said, "Baby Blockbuster Coming Summer 2009" and another one that said "I love my Grandma" on the front and "And Grandpa too" on the back. After asking over and over if this was an announcement and Derek and I assuring them that it was, everyone was really excited, in fact Derek's grandma, Noma, went right home and tied us a baby blanket the next day. It was really sweet!
Baku's Boulevard
9 years ago
5 comments:
Hi guys! Yay, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! It totally sucks you in! More importantly, congrats on the babe! What awesome news! Summer babies are great fun!! I love you, lis! loves, jes
What wonderful news! I love the ways you announced it to your families!
And no one is happier about you having a blog then me! I can't wait to hear more about all the exciting things that are ahead! Baby Larson will be here before you know it!!
Being so far away for so long, I am thrilled you started a blog, but more thrilled that you are having a baby! Welcome to blogging! I swear I won't link to you until you tell work (just in case Tyler does check my blog).
Wow!! congratulations! I'm so excited that you guys have a blog (saw the link on Karen's) and even more for your little baby. I had a very similar early pregnancy scare and ended up telling family because I wanted miscarriage support - luckily, everything turned out fine! how are you feeling?
Congrats!!! You'll love motherhood!! Are you going to find out the sex or wait and be surprised??
Thanks for making the blog too...it's the best way for all of us to keep in touch. I started mine when we got pregnant too. Good luck with everything and happy pregnancy :)
PS-If you need some tall jeans, check out RG Maternity. They're the only place that had jeans and work pants I could wear once I got really big.
Post a Comment