Probably the least enjoyable part of the trip, but the part from which we have had the most laughs, was when we accidentally stumbled onto a booze cruise on Wednesday. Well, we didn't stumble -- but everyone else was.
It all started because we wanted to go snorkeling. Well, if I'm being honest it was me who wanted to go, Derek who was also on board for the idea and his parents who decided to come along for the ride but not snorkel. We found a tour that offered snorkeling, time at a beach and an optional hike to a waterfall with lunch and breakfast included for a really reasonable price. So we booked it.
As we made our way to the boat, a small red flag went up in my mind when I saw the company's logo that said: No problems... Go wild!
Hmmm...
No sooner had we settled ourselves on the boat when they cranked this awful music SO loud, even my rockstar husband was wincing at the noise. And so, we were off.
The first stop was much further away than I anticipated, which made me nervous already about how long this day would last. At least it was the snorkeling spot. We swam en mass to an area where the guide pointed out some fish, which was pretty cool. They cut our time short there however, no doubt in order to get onto the main event: Drinking.
The open bar seemed to never stop as we made our way to the beach where we would have lunch. We made the most of the ride, shouting to one another over the music and enjoying the views.
After a few hours at the beach where I ate the only food I thought might make me sick on the trip, we re-boarded the Bora Bora boat and set off for what would be the longest part of the journey, complete with drinking games, the quintessential drunk girl puking over the side of the boat, the inabriated man falling into Derek's and my laps because he was too drunk to stand and the old lady grinding up onto the younger guys. All this is funny at first, I suppose, but after the whole day and set to the tune of music loud enough to split your ears, it lost some of its appeal. Mercifully we finally made it back to shore with plenty of stories to laugh about for later.
Baku's Boulevard
9 years ago








2 comments:
Sounds exactly like the awful experience dad and I had in Cabo.... except we didn't get the beach experience. They just kept plowing through the water with everyone on the boat drinking and me getting more and more seasick!
That just about the funniest thing ever. I love that snorkling picture of you two, HOT. You should send that out for your Christmas card.
Post a Comment