I absolutely love this time of year. It's true that in the fall I sometimes miss the crisp smell and feel you get in Cedar City, but in spring, I am all about St. George.
I can tell spring has officially come when I see the buds of my favorite pink trees. Sorry, that's about as specific as I can be in terms of the kind of tree. All I know is, they bloom in early March and last just a few weeks or so before darkening and today, I saw the first buds. They must have come out over night.
But its not just the flowers blooming that I love about spring. Something about the combination of warmer weather, longer days and the prospect of shedding my gray and black wardrobe in favor of brighter hues.
This year I'm particularly excited about spring because Derek and I will soon be winging our way to even warmer weather, ala Puerto Vallarta, Mexico! I'll be sure to post some great photos when I get back.
Baku's Boulevard
9 years ago

5 comments:
Hey lisa! It is so good to see you've given in to the blogging world. Emma just told me about your site, i hope you don't mind. I know what you mean about spring. I love the spring here in Missoula more than anything. unfortunately, it happens closer to june. I miss that about St. George. I'm am so excited for you and Derek and your exciting baby news! That is so great! I can't wait to see little baby Larson! Eric and I have work on that aspect of our lives for 3 years with no such luck.....until recently! We are expecting as well........TWINS!!! What am I going to do with twins!? we are excited and very nervous. it is still very early, so i have yet to share with the blogging world and facebook, but its nice to tell a few people. We are due mid October but because of the twins and diabetes, my doc will be inducing me in September! Anyway, I hope we keep in touch! its been awhile. my blog is eandsroberts.blogspot.com Good to see pics! and Congrats again!!!
Oh spring sounds like a dream, please send some our way! Have fun in Mexico, I'm super jealous!
I can't wait until we finally see some blooms out here - I think it probably doesn't happen until June!
Hey Lisa! You look great! COngrats on the baby, too!~
mex? What? i'm so excited for you! Such a good idea to go before baby comes! Yay! have so much fun can't wait to hear about it. I love Spring too...my kids and I were just taking blossom drives ourselves the other day checking out all the best "popcorn popping" trees! I love the pink ones, too and my Birdy just adores them!!! she's pink through and through! yikes! Anyway, have so much fun. loves, jes
Post a Comment