Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tequila!

On Monday we headed out on a tour that took us walking through downtown, then on a bus tour to one of the tequila factories in Puerto Vallarta. We ate lunch in a restaurant tucked up in the hills and then were subjected to the odor of fermenting soon-to-be tequila. The tour was interesting but my pregnant nose just couldn't handle the alcohol smell.

These are some of the plants they use to make the tequila.


Speaking of being pregnant, this tour marked my very first belly touch -- a landmark on this journey to motherhood that I was expecting at some point, just not so soon, and certainly not in this scenario.
I've never understood why people assume that because a woman is pregnant, her stomach is suddenly open for petting. I suppose close friends and family could be deemed exempt but not the Mexican tour guide on our tour. That's right, near the end of the day he came up to me and rubbed my stomach and said some sort of congratulations. I was so surprised -- partly because had never met this man before the tour and partly because I was still fooling myself into thinking that I wasn't showing very much. Apparently I was because no one told him I was pregnant.
At any rate, it was a funny experience but I'm sure just one of many yet to come.

Later that day, we hit the waves at the beach just steps away from our hotel.


Check out my baby bump! (or is that from too many tacos in Mexico?)

Derek deciding whether or not to ride the waves.
He decided to go for it...



4 comments:

Rachel

How nice! What a good idea to go on a final trip before the baby comes. I still very much regret that Lane and I did not make a final hurrah before there was a baby in our life. You look very cute with your baby bump (FYI).

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy

We are so excited that you are back! We were going to stop by the other night - but your cars were gone! Your trip is looking fabulous! I'm glad you had so much fun!! We can't wait to hear all about it!

Karen

Cute swimsuit! (and baby bump!)

Emma

Cute baby bump! I love how people think it's open for the public to touch just because it's out there. Just hope your belly button doesn't poke out, then they poke that as well.