
Well, you can see that the walls are a little bare, but I've been getting requests for what the nursery looks like, so I thought I'd at least post what we have so far.
Tonight I was finally able to make our little angel's bed and it looks so cute! The only thing that will make it better is to have her laying in it :)


It's hard not to feel a little bit behind though. I know so many women who seem to have their nurseries all decorated and amazing weeks/months before the due date (mine is Aug. 8 by the way... I can't remember who asked), but for some reason this alleged burst of "nesting" energy has not hit me quite as hard as I would have liked. Perhaps it has something to do with 110 degree heat. Not sure.
As it is, Derek has been working so hard on getting as many of the details ready as he can. Truth be told the room is a little less ready than the pictures indicate. I had to move some of the construction clutter (drill, tape measure etc) to get a suitable shot since we're still working on hanging the curtain rods (they're so cute, with these little butterflies on the end) and curtains, of course, as well as getting some wall decorations. I'm going to do my best but honestly, I may have to settle for this unless I can find a way to transport myself to various decoration stores without stepping into the blistering heat. If you know of any tricks for that, let me know.

5 comments:
Beautiful, beautiful room! Don't feel so bad about the nesting thing. I never experienced it and didn't have my nursery complete until a week before the baby arrived, thanks to the forceful encouragement of my mother and friends. And that large rocking chair will be fabulous for cuddling. We have a small glider rocker and already at 3 months he is too big to sit comfortably in it with me. I wish we had a large rocker like that!
Can't wait to meet her. Good luck with the birth. It was one of the most fun things I have ever done, despite what so many people told me!
I'm so excited for you, Lisa! It's so close and the room is adorable. Don't worry about it not being quite ready, I know that's hard (I could never do it), but everything will be perfect.
Love it! Where are the pictures of the closet full of clothes? :)
So So cute! Love the room! You'll be ready regardless - the room will take several modifications over the next few years :) It's so fun to decorate and redecorate your baby's room. And yes, the rocker looks soooo comfortable. You'll spend many hours in it. I can't wait to see pictures of your little one.
love the crib it is darling.
Post a Comment