Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Birthdays, baths and stuff

The pressure is on.
It was only a matter of time.
I've received multiple comments about my lack of blogging lately. I knew once people got wind of this adorable little bundle the demand for posts would rapidly increase, and so it has. Very well -- as the proud mother, I will comply : )
Actually, we've had a fair amount going on lately, including my sweet husband's birthday, another weekly birthday for Lydia, her first bath and so on.

Time to celebrate!


To celebrate his 27th birthday, Derek decided we should round out the current Shakespearean Festival line up in Cedar City by seeing the only play we had not yet seen. "Foxfire." So we headed for our first road trip with Lydia (yes, 45 minutes seems like a road trip when you haven't gone further than the mailbox in weeks) with Grandma and Grandpa Grady's house as the destination. My parents were excited to see Lydia again and we were grateful for the chance to go to dinner and a the play as Derek and Lisa, rather than Mom and Dad. The play was fantastic and dinner was great. Before leaving we took the above family picture to mark the date. Seeing any picture of me lately leaves me with one question: Will my eyes ever look rested again?

Three weeks
I know it sounds cliche, but I can't believe how fast this little girl is growing up! On Aug. 27 I captured just a few of her darling moments on camera to celebrate three weeks of living.




Rubber duckie

Lydia had her first real bath on Aug. 29. Although her cord had fallen off a few days before that, I continued with sponge baths until Derek and I could both be home for this momentous first occasion. She seemed to really like the water and thanks to the great tub Karen and Mike loaned to us (thanks guys!) it wasn't as difficult as I'd imagined to keep her upright in the water. Best of all, the whole bathing process seemed to really relax her and she slept amazingly well that night. Almost five hours between the late night and middle of the night feedings. It may have been a fluke, but I'm thinking bath time should be every night!




Just because
I've been trying to capture her impromptu smiles on camera with no such luck so far. Still, these attempts yielded a couple of darling faces!


5 comments:

Mike and Katie

She is such a beautiful baby, and very well dressed... :-). Her outfis are so cute!

Artis

Those pics are great. She looks more grown up by the day.

Marcie

I TOTALLY agree with you about baths being relaxing. About 8 weeks we starting doing a nightly routine with bath, massage and music and since then our baby goes down for the night about 7:30 (without ANY crying) and sleeps for 8-9 hours straight, eats and then back to sleep for another 3-4 hours. They catch onto routines so fast! We do a little routine for naps too and he goes down great for those too. She is so darling.

BTW the best books for sleeping Healthy sleep, happy child (my favorite now) and Baby Wise.

Karen

Oh my GOODNESS! She really is changing by the day, isn't she? We're so excited to see her (oh, and you guys too) this weekend!

Unknown

Darling! Thanks for posting an update. Good luck on getting some sleep. : )