Monday, September 28, 2009

Such a blessing

On Sunday my little angel came to her first milestone in our church. Her baby blessing.
For those who are not of the LDS faith, this is when children are brought to the front of the Sacrament meeting and men who are authorized to act in God's name through the Melchizedek priesthood give the child a name and a blessing. In our case, the blessing was offered by my wonderful husband, Derek.
What a special day to see this sweet little girl literally surrounded by family who loves her so much and to hear her dad share an important prayer inspired by the Lord. We are so grateful to have her in our lives!

After the church service we had our families over to our house for lunch. Thanks to help from family the food was fantastic and I think everyone had a great time. Lydia slept on and off through the party in her honor, but whenever she was awake she was being showered with love and attention from everyone. I know she won't remember this day, but I will. I plan to tell her all about it.

Our little family!

After some earlier debate, I decided to use the blessing dress that I was blessed in years ago. I am so glad I did. I love the nostalgia of it all. Derek said the bonnet looked a little "Little House on the Prairie" but I thought it was cute!

With Grandma and Grandpa Grady (too many cameras so we're not all looking the same way.)

With Grandpa and Grandma Larson

With all the aunts and uncles and cousins on the Grady side (minus missionary Brian).


Four generations on my dad's side and my mom's side.


So sweet with Grandma Grady!

Kevin and Leslie made the most darling cookies at my request. Thanks guys!

I kept a bib on her before the meeting to avoid any spit up problems. Luckily she made it cleanly through the meeting :)

4 comments:

The Grady's

I am so glad we could be there!!

Mike and Katie

sounds like you guys had a good time together afterwards...I am so excited that you decided to use your own baby blessing gown. what a nice memory the two you will always be able to share and have. So happy for you and your little family.

Karen

I love the picture with Grandma Grady and Dad! Kate is being such a spaz and my face is like... "sorry!" Cute pics, though. And it was a fun day!

Emily Petty

Congratulations on Lydia's blessing! She looks beautiful. I love that you used your baby blessing dress. My Mom lost mine somewhere, but I do at least still have my baby blessing shoes to use one day. (they were a little girly for Frankie)