Oh sure, I've had my ups and downs like any other person, but overall I don't have any major complaints. This may be why I've never been one of those people who fears getting older, or who dreads these landmark birthdays like the one I had on Sept. 4. I've always figured as long as I've accomplished what I want to in the time frame there is no need to be ashamed at the passing of another year. And right now, I'm extremely happy where I am.
So how did I celebrate this landmark day? Some people plan major parties for such a birthday, or long to do something really exciting/dangerous to mark a day. Skydiving, for example. But I've been there and done that. No, my birthday wish this year was remarkably simpler: To get a full night's sleep. Quite a change from past birthday requests, I must say.
Thanks to my amazing husband for pinch hitting on the feedings all night with bottles of breast milk, I got my wish and it was wonderful. However, in the morning I was glad to reclaim my post as Lydia's source of sustenance. I missed her that night.
The rest of my birthday weekend coincided with a Labor-less Day weekend in Cedar City with my family. It was just what I needed. A lot of relaxing, some time out of the house, a movie date with Derek, a trip to the cabin and lots of time with people I love. As always, my whole family went out of their way to make my birthday and the whole weekend special. Thanks you guys!
On Monday, Sept. 7, Lydia had her first experience at the family cabin, although for her it probably felt like every other place she's ever been considering her sleep, eat, play schedule didn't change. Kevin and Leslie drove up in time for a late lunch that day, making it the first time in quite a while that the whole family has been together (minus Bri-guy).
12 comments:
Lisa you look amazing and you and Derek look so happy! Lydia is so beautiful. Enjoy 30 - I am not far behind you.
Happy 30th b-day. happy that it was a good one for you. lydia is so cute-seems liek she can't take a bad picture. :-)
Happy 30th Birthday! I am so glad you got a full nights sleep! What a great b-day present! Our little Taylor had his first experience at the family cabin too this labor day.
What a perfect birthday present!
Happy 30 years to you my dear! It was so good talking to you the other day, just like the good old days. Oh to be young again...
And you niece Kate, she looks like a mini Lisa!!
It would have been a better trip if we could of seen you guys and the baby. next time we will let you know when we come up...in the mean time, we will have to keep up through our blogs...which i love reading yours.
Congrats you guys! She is absolutely beautiful :) And you guys look great!
Happy Happy Birthday! Lydia is so beautiful. I'm glad you got to have a good nights sleep. They are HEAVENLY.
30 huh? Wow. Somehow that makes me feel better about being 25. Not that I DON'T feel good about it, but you know how it is. I am so excited for you and your exciting life right now. You have such a fun little family!
You look so great in your pictures! I am so glad we were able to come up! Happy belated birthday!
Happy 30th - and what a fabulous birthday present from your husband! I'm glad you guys could have such a fun family weekend at the cabin too!
Hey I just found your blog! Lydia is so dang cute! You guys are handling being parents awesome. The first 2 months Moss and I were too chicken to go anywhere with Brenden! Good work on showing her such cool new things! She has such cute outfits too:)
I found your blog on Sara's!!! Congrats on becoming a Mommy!! Plus, turning 30!! Being in our 30's is simply awesome... we pretty much know everything by now and don't have the wrinkles just yet!
~ Jill Hunt
Post a Comment