Sunday, October 11, 2009

Odds 'n' Ends

We've had a lot to photograph over the last week or so, so I'm just trying to catch you all up to speed. I am loving this phase of life we're in with Lydia these days. She is really developing a fun little personality. She's awake a lot more, but thankfully sleeping longer through the night. And her generally cheerful disposition makes it so much fun to take her places!

Time with Grandpa Bruce

Since Derek's Grandpa Larson wasn't well enough to come to the house following Lydia's blessing, we went to see him the next day to get a four generation picture on the Larson side. We were so glad he and Aunt Cindy and Aunt Pam were able to make the trip from Texas for the blessing.

Newsroom debut


My co-workers at The Spectrum have been bugging me for weeks to bring Lydia in for her newsroom debut. After she reached her 6 week mark, I got her all dolled up (shoes and hair bow for the first time ever) and we headed in to Mommy's office. Naturally she was a big hit! I was touched by how excited everyone was to see her (and me). It seems they've genuinely missed me while I've been away. It's nice to know your work/presence is appreciated :)

First play date

One of my friends, Lou Christofferson, had her cute baby Ty two weeks after Lydia was born. We swapped stories throughout our pregnancies so I was anxious to finally meet her little guy. We got together at her house last Monday to chat and introduce Lydia and Ty. They seemed to get along just fine... obviously Lydia is making herself right at home.

Bumbo!

I don't know why, but I am getting such a kick out of seeing Lydia in this Bumbo seat. She's been holding her head up like a champ for a couple of weeks (days? I've lost track) so we decided to try her in this chair -- a gift from Great-Grandma Petty. There is something about seeing her little body watching me from the kitchen counter while Derek and I were cooking dinner Sunday that just sent me into a fit of giggles.

4 comments:

Andrea and Greg

Grandma Petty got us a Bumbo too and we absolutely love it!!! We don't even own a high chair...even though Allison is over 9 months old, she still fits in it and that's how we feed her. Just one word of caution, be careful with it once she starts learning to arch her back in a few months, Allison's almost gotten herself out of it a few times.

My one "Horrible Mother" moment was when I had Aliison in her Bumbo on the bathroom counter while I was doing my makeup. She leaned to reach for the faucet and I had the Bumbo kind of overlapping the sink, so she went toppling in. She hit her forehead on the edge of the sink and we both shed a few tears together; lucky there's no permanent damage though :)

Lydia is a cutie and we can't wait to get to meet her!!

Karen

How cute! I love the Bumbo pictures too. She just looks so grown up and so dang adorable! We'll have to invest in one of those seats for our little one. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Mike and Katie

she seems like she has already grown so much! like the new skin for the blog.

Emma

When they sit up they instantly look older!

And I'm such a bad friend. My goal is to get those bows in the mail this week. I am mail challanged I swear!