Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy 2010!

New Year's to me is somewhat of a convoluted holiday. Yes, I get the idea of kicking off a new year with some sort of celebration, but it's never quite as huge as it's "supposed" do be. This year I would have been just as happy staying home with my family but in the end we caved in to social customs and ventured out to First Night (a city street party with live bands, food, magicians and more) and then to our friends, the Cottams, for treats and hanging out until midnight. In the end, I was glad we'd gone out for the evening. It was great to spend time with friends and family and say goodbye to a fabulous 2009 and look forward to equally great things in 2010.

All bundled up for First Night 2010. You can barely see Lydia's eyes as I was so worried she'd get cold. When we got home and unwrapped her she was plenty warm -- I dare say even a little hot. How was I to know?

Lisa taking part in the "bubble wrap tap" one of the street games that included a conga type line dancing its way along a path of bubble wrap. I've always loved that stuff!

The lone child awake at the party, Lydia got to enjoy some of her pal, Gabe's, toys.

On the Cottam's roof for the midnight countdown just long enough for a new year's kiss, a glimpse of the fireworks then back inside. It was freezing! (Yes, I'm a St. George winter-wimp. But it really was about 30 degrees).

Mommy's work

During Derek's Christmas break he brought Lydia to my office to say "hi" at the request of some of my colleagues. Naturally she was a big hit :)

Posted by Picasa