Getting some perspective
Lydia has this thing where she likes to tilt her head to one side and then the other as she's looking at things. Apparently she needs to see with a new perspective. It's so cute!
Making friends
I had the girls from a former Relief Society presidency over for an evening of catching up. It was so fun to see each other and each other's babies. Lydia reconnected with an old friend, Ty. They met on their first play date four months ago. This time they seemed a little more aware the other was there -- particularly when Lydia pulled Ty's hair. Ah, already tormenting the boys. :) Either that or she's jealous that he has hair and she still has none.
Making messes
Lydia loves to eat off of a spoon and drink from her sippy cup and from a regular cup. So far she hasn't found a food she won't eat. We have sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, bananas, applesauce and pears in our repertoire. Next up is green veggies and peaches. Yum!
Getting clean
This sweet girl loves bath time with mom. She's graduated from the baby bath to the sink, although I'm sure she'd be fine in the regular tub too. I'm waiting for that step just because it's less awkward for me to stand at the sink than lean over the tub.
Spending time with the fam
Last weekend we headed to Las Vegas for Karen's baby shower. We are so excited to meet baby boy Sharp in a matter of a few weeks! Lydia enjoyed being fawned over by grandma and grandpa, Aunt Karen and cousin Kate and I loved having time to spend with Lydia for the weekend.
Hitting another age milestone
Yes, another month has passed and Lydia is now 7 months old. She has three teeth now (two bottom front and her upper right canine... picture a jack-o-lantern grin. Its adorable!) She is still rolling all over the floor but has yet to get up on all fours. She is the absolute delight of Derek's and my lives. I just can't get enough of this little girl!
Grandma bought matching outfits for Kate and Lydia.
They are almost exactly the same years apart and Karen and I and she used to dress us the same at this age.

7 comments:
Great pictures Lisa!
I can't get over those cheeks, love them!
She seems like such a happy little girl, must be a good life there in the Larson home!
HOw fun! Three teeth! I seriously can not get over how cute she is! Great post!
She is so adorable! I love the odd little things they do, like the head tilt. Its crazy how you noticed every detail and everything they do. I think we need another little reunion too. I think Lydia and Eliza just slept through their little lunch/playdate last time! :)
I loved this post, Lis. Ok, Oaklee totally has no teeth and I haven't even tried a sippy cup--I feel completely inspired to try the sippy. I've really gotten off my rigid baby schedule with this, my third! It's just a good thing she enjoys being in her carseat and running the carpools, errands etc.!!!! Lydia is so cute and can I say, that I love Artis and her buying her girlies matching outfits! What a cute Gram! love you, Lis-- jes
Oh - for fun! Lots of cute pictures of Lydia!
So cute! I love the pictures of her in a bath towel and with Kate!
I just saw this post! So so so cute. They really are friends...even if Ty had a meltdown and couldn't stand it. I'll toughen him up.
Let's get together soon.
LOU
Darling baby girl.
Post a Comment