Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The bunny came


Even though I was feeling a little out of Easter mode trying to balance the weekend with General Conference and being unsure how to celebrate with Lydia since she's a little young for the whole Easter egg hunt thing, the weekend turned out to be a fun time for our family.

It started with a package from my Grandma Petty with an Easter dress for Lydia. Since there was no church on Sunday and we definitely wanted to show this pretty dress off, we dolled Lydia up for a wedding reception for one of my co-workers and of course, Lydia was such a cutie pie!

Thanks Grandma Petty!

Saturday we really enjoyed General Conference. Lydia took the most perfect naps -- literally she went down during the opening hymn of each session and woke up the latter few minutes of the final speaker each time. This was vastly different from our experience last conference when Derek and I were still in new baby sleep deprived mode. Let's just say it's good they re-print the talks in the Ensign. This time though I loved the chance to soak in all the messages and was amazed at how many of them focused on family. Or was that just what my ears were hearing?

Sunday morning, the Easter bunny came! Following in Derek's family's tradition, the Easter baskets were hidden and a trail of treats led the way to find them. Lydia's included some Gerber Puffs (seriously, what kind of treat do you get for a nearly 8-month-old?), along with two stuffed animals and a toy cell phone. She loved it!

The Easter bunny did not forget me, either. I had a basket full of healthy treats -- which I loved since I'm just a few pounds away from pre-Lydia weight -- and a book and a movie. So fun!

Lydia was totally spoiled this year by Easter dresses from both of her grandmothers (three in total, if you're counting) and they are all so adorable!

Thanks Grandma Grady!

A cute Easter bonnet from Grandma Larson to match another Easter dress (not pictured).

We had dinner at Derek's Grandma's house in between conference sessions, then back home to soak up the last of the sessions. I love Easter and spring!

2 comments:

Mike and Katie

i read through quite a bit of blogs, and a high percentage of those people have babies/kids...but lisa i have to say your daughter is one of the cutest babies that i have seen...love the easter ears

MeganDan

That yellow Easter dress is ADORABLE!