Thursday, August 26, 2010

Weekend of birthday

In honor of Derek's birthday last weekend I took him to a concert of one of his all-time favorite bands:

Third Eye Blind!



Derek was like a kid at Christmas when Third Eye Blind was playing.


It was part of an all day festival at Thanksgiving Point that included 12 other bands. I kind of thought I'd have to pep myself up to enjoying the whole event but it really was a fun time! It was great to spend the day together and enjoy some great tunes.

On the way back we stopped to pick up Lydia from Grandma and Grandpa's and my mom made a delicious birthday dinner and birthday cake for Derek. So nice!


His actual birthday was spent working and then dinner with his parents and grandmother. He was spoiled -- exactly as it should be for such a wonderful husband!