No matter what you call it, the adorable costumes, the chill in the air and the near constant sugar rush I've been on for days now can only mean one thing: Today is Halloween!
Along with many of you, we did our celebrating yesterday since this year's event fell on Sunday. Actually, it was a three-day Halloween-fest.
Girl's night with a Halloween twist
I got together with a few girl friends this year for a Witches Night Out party. I stole the idea from my amazing sister-in-law who hosted her own version of the party on the same evening in Texas.
We had a great time showing off our witch hats, playing a game of Which Witch (and other witch trivia) and doing what girls do best at these kinds of gatherings: Talking, laughing and eating tons of food.
Guests came wearing their most creative witch hats. I, however, forgot that I had planned to take photos of each hat (or at least of the contest winners) so I only have pictures myself and my friend, Paige (who was one of the hat contest winners for her creation that incorporated all the holidays into her witch hat.)
In another photography faux paux I failed to break out the camera for the group shot until after some of the guests had left. Oh well, even witches can't rely on their magical powers to help them remember everything.
Halloween equation
What do you get when you take this adorable little monkey...
"Curious George Flies a Kite," of course!
She reminds me a lot of me.
Eating M&Ms at with Grandma Larson


Costumes on parade
Derek's school has a costume parade every year for all the kids. All the teachers dress up and lead their students around the track so parents can "ooh" and "ahh." This year it just didn't seem right to have the man in the yellow hat marching around without his Curious George so I brought Lydia to be his accessory for the parade.
Naturally, they were a big hit.
More of my favorite monkey
Half-monkey, half Lydia
6 comments:
DARLING LISA! YOU GUYS ALWAYS HAVE AWESOME COSTUMES
Li-Li-- Ok, I just spent awhile perusing your blog catching up a bit! Soooo cute. Lydia is adorable. Wow, nice job on the 5K. You are TOTALLY A RUNNER! A 9 minute mile is awesome. You look fabulous by the way! Also, I love Artis, can I just say that? Happy Birthday and how fun to spend it hiking in Zion! She is so cute. Tell her hi. Your Halloween costumes were awesome. We spent a week in Boston in October (my parents are on a mission there) and we visited The Curious George Book Store. It was so awesome! My kids loved it. And I was totally captivated. I'm a compelte sucker for children's books. And they had some awesome ones! Love yer guts-- JK
Miss you guys!
So cute - love your little Curious George trio!!
LOVE, LOVE the costumes! So very clever & cute.
And what a fun little party you threw, very creative... just like Martha!
- curious george and the man in the yellow hat and the darling kite - so darn cute -
Post a Comment