Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mi casa, you Picasso

First, I have to thank all of you who sent me your creative dating ideas. I used many of them for the story that is running on Friday in The Spectrum. As part of that story it was my task to test one of the ideas which we did last weekend when we added a little pizazz to an ordinary game of Pictionary by using some pudding.

Basically, you take the traditional game of Pictionary, swap out the pen for fingers and pudding and you're good to go. Some people might think this would make the game more childish but after giving it a shot, we all agreed finger painting with pudding actually made it more challenging to draw, thus making it better for adults than the traditional way.

I mixed up a box of vanilla pudding, then dyed half of it green, half of it pink so it would show up better on the paper. We hung sheets of blank newspaper on the wall in our dining room so we'd have plenty of room to stretch our artistic wings. Then, we divided into boys against girls and let the games begin.



Keeping with the alliteration I had going with the pudding Pictionary, we munched on different flavors of popcorn -- white chocolate, caramel and regular butter -- while we played. I like to think we put the "P" in party for the evening.

Sorry, the cheesiness of that line is overpowering but I can't help myself sometimes.

Thanks to the Neumanns and the Everys for being great sports and guinea pigs. In the end, it came down to a tie breaker but ultimately it was a girl's victory!

Emily Neumann, Lisa and Amber Every