Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My little Monet

Lydia completed her first painting project at Miss Gay's house the other day. Naturally Derek and I think she's a regular {insert famous abstract artist name here}.

It's just fun to see how much she is growing and the new things she gets to try.
With things like this, though, I wish I had seen her doing it myself. Would it be too much to ask for her pre-preschool teacher to photograph her every move? Maybe.

At least we have the finished product, which of course earned prime real estate on the fridge.


When she's not at school, we've been having all kinds of fun here at home. We took full advantage of last week's warmer temperatures by making several trips to the park.

Hidden Valley Park


Tonaquint Park


Cottonwood Cove



She's also enjoyed playing in a box. Seriously, it's amazing how long this entertained her.



And toting her Winnie the Pooh backpack around (thanks Grandma Petty!)

3 comments:

The Grady's

oh my goodness she is getting so big! Her hair is really growing and she has so much personality! Can't wait to see all of you in March!

Mike and Katie

way cute...love the artwork

Karen

Is that a velour sweatshirt I see? That's my darling niece!
Also, I love the pictures of her putting her picture on the fridge. She's growing up soooo much!