After weeks of fretting about the upcoming ride Derek and I armed ourselves with every conceivable toddler treat I could find and settled in for a 3+ hour stint as a human jungle gym.
In truth, Lydia did pretty well. We were lucky the plane was not full so she was able to have her own seat on the way to Texas and the people around us were very kind. Still, it was with no small amount of relief that we arrived in Dallas and made our way to my sister's house, ready for our vacation to begin.
The day of travel also included our first implementation of the monkey backpack "leash" for Lydia. I debated using one but I decided I'd be less stressed about keeping track of her in the airport terminal if she was connected to me by more than just her not-so-reliable wiggly hand. She loved her monkey and the "freedom" it provided as she gleefully released some of her energy while we waited at our gate.
The backpack only earned one passive/aggressive comment from a man passing by who loudly proclaimed he would never put his child on a leash. My desire to respond to his comment in a more confrontational manner (as in telling him he clearly knows nothing about children or perhaps is one of those parents who would just let them run wild without concern for the child's safety or the peace of those around him) was countered by my fear that such a comment could lead to a verbal altercation and with all the energy I was expending already that day, it just wasn't worth it to me.
Waiting for the plane to arrive
1 comments:
I love all the posts, Lisa! So cute. We miss you guys tons already. May 10th can't come soon enough! Love you--
Post a Comment