It started when we dyed Easter eggs for the first time with Lydia. Since the egg dye specifically said it will stain clothes/countertops/skin, we decided Lydia was better off pretending to dye a plastic egg in a cup of water while Derek and I tackled the real thing. She didn't seem to mind the substitution and had a great time.
On Saturday we headed to the St. George Art Festival with my parents. The artwork was amazing and it was the perfect day to be out in the springtime sun. Then we went back to our house for a cookout with my parents and my Grandma Grady.
Hanging out with Grandma!
The bunny cake: A Grady family tradition
And what Easter picnic would be complete without an Easter egg hunt? Lydia woke up from her nap on Saturday to find brightly colored eggs dotting the backyard. She couldn't wait to get out there and grab them.
After she'd found them all and brought them back to mom and grandma, she wanted to find more. Everytime she turned her back Derek would re-toss a couple of them onto the lawn or place them somewhere and she'd get all excited that there were more eggs to find. She hunted the same dozen eggs several times.
Ah! I love how easy it is to please her sometimes.
After she'd found them all and brought them back to mom and grandma, she wanted to find more. Everytime she turned her back Derek would re-toss a couple of them onto the lawn or place them somewhere and she'd get all excited that there were more eggs to find. She hunted the same dozen eggs several times.
Ah! I love how easy it is to please her sometimes.
1 comments:
Adorable. I love that cake. Mmm. Cake. I'm so sad I couldn't come down and visit, but the Southern Utah trip was aborted at the last minute (it was supposed to be Thursday/Friday) and it left me no time for a do over. At least we have the wonderful world of technology.
Post a Comment