Allow me to explain.
Lydia has the sniffles. Nothing major, but one of her attempts to get out of naptime has been calling out again and again for mommy to get her a tissue. Today I thought I'd figured out a way around her sly plot. I put the box of Kleenex near her bed so she could reach her own tissue if her nose required one.
Obviously I'm a first-time mom who didn't know any better.
After laying her down one of my neighbors dropped by for a visit. I could hear Lydia wasn't sleeping but decided to ignore her while my neighbor was here, thinking she'd eventually settle down.
I kept hearing her say "Mom, I made a big pile" but I had no idea what that meant.
After 20 minutes or so my neighbor left and I went in to settle her down. She let out a squeal of delight as she gestured toward her bed.
"I made a big pile mom! I did it myself!"
Indeed, every last tissue out of the box was rumpled up on top of her blankets and dolls. She was so pleased — I couldn't help but laugh and grab the camera.
Needless to say, the Kleenex box will have to find a new spot in her room.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you took a picture of this! That is hilarious!
Hahahahaha! Funny Lydia. I love that she was so proud of herself. You can't help but laugh.
Post a Comment