Thursday, October 25, 2012

Say what?



Here I am at 38 weeks. 

Yes, this is really how I look -- no photo enhancements have been made. I realize I'm carrying this baby differently than I did with Lydia because even though I've gained a little less weight this time, I look (and feel) bigger. Still, I don't think that merits the kinds of comments people feel compelled to send my way. 
In all sincerity, I'm not offended by the ridiculous things people say -- I can see that most pregnant women's shapes defy the laws of science -- I'm just surprised by what I hear.

For humor sake I thought I'd include a few of them here. If you have heard anything of the sort, please share it in the comments. I'd love a good laugh at someone else's expense :)

Some of my favorites: 

* Looks like he's going to be a football player.
* How are you feeling?! (this only counts when it is said with a very specific look in their eyes that says: 'wow! you look miserable')
* You haven't had the baby yet!?

And my favorite: 
* It looks like you're going to have a whole litter!

Feel free to share yours below.

2 comments:

Mike and Katie

i have to preface this comment that I was pregnant the same time one of my co-workers...she was a month ahead of me...

"Even though Staci is farther along than you, you definitely look a lot more pregnant than she does."

The Grady's

Still can't believe that guy said that to you!! Crazy old man!