Derek and Lydia recently returned from a daddy/daughter trip to El Paso, Texas to celebrate Derek's grandpa's 80th birthday. We decided we didn't want to expose Connor to the petri dish of germs that an airplane and an airport can be during the cold and flu season, so Connor and I stayed home for a little mother/son bonding and Derek and Lydia had a few days of fun on their own.
Derek was so cute as he planned for the trip. He bought special snacks, surprise books to reveal on the flight, toys specifically for the car ride to Las Vegas and more. Lydia will think traveling with Daddy is way better than traveling with Mom after this trip.
I was a little nervous for their trip -- not because Derek isn't completely capable of handling Lydia on his own -- but he was up against two extra factors that had the potential of making this trip extremely difficult: an ear infection and Lydia's fear of dogs. We took her to the doctor for some antibiotics the day before their departure but there wasn't much we could do about the dogs since Grandpa Bruce has three of them.
To alleviate my nerves, or maybe just because he thought it was fun, Derek sent me regular text pictures documenting their trip. I got such a kick out of them and it was clear they were having a great time together.
The following is the picture and text play-by-play I received during their three days.
 |
| Waiting at the gate. |
 |
| Getting ready to take off. So far so good. |
 |
| Playing at Barnes & Noble for a minute. |
 |
| Costco shopping for the party. |
 |
| Fun at the party supply store. |
 |
| "I love you Daddy!" The highlight of the trip this far! |
 |
| Playing and enjoying the party. |
 |
Grandpa Bruce with his three dogs around him. Evidently the party wore them all out.
|
 |
| Lydia found some bar stools for the kitchen. What do you think? |
 |
| Look what Aunt Billie did! |
 |
Check out the improvement. Sharing the couch with Shawtzy (the dog). (Pam, Lydia, Leo and Billie) |
 |
| Check this out! (petting the dog is a big deal) |
 |
| And we're here at the gate. Now we just have to wait an hour plus. Let's hope all goes well. At least she's colored for a minute or two. |
 |
| All aboard! |
Meanwhile...
I was not nearly as good at documenting Connor's and my time together. Perhaps our time was not as photo-worthy? Or maybe I'm just hesitant to send pictures of myself nursing a baby via text -- which is what we did a lot of while they were gone. But we were fortunate to have my parents come down for a night to visit. I didn't photograph much, but here are a couple of snatches of our time.
 |
| Hanging out at home |
 |
| Iceberg with Grandma and Grandpa (Grady). |
2 comments:
That's so cute, you guys!!! I love all the Daddy/Daughter stuff. So precious to see our husbands with our little girls.
so fun! i love the daddy/daughter trip! :)
Post a Comment