That doesn't mean I haven't been capturing just as many adorable moments of Connor as I did of Lydia at that age -- I'm just worse about posting them :)
In my absence, here are a few of the things we've had going on.
Four months
Connor turned 4 months on March 2. The day before that we headed in for his 4 month check up, shots and all.
Weight: 15 pounds 2 ounces (58 percentile)
Length: 26.26 inches (91 percentile)
At four months Connor is doing great at sleeping and eating. He is so full of smiles and, by the way he endures Lydia's not-so-gentle attention, it appears he is a very patient, even-tempered little guy. However, when he does scream it is an ear-piercingly high tone. A serious set of lungs when he needs them. Fortunately, he doesn't employ that scream very often.
We are so incredibly blessed to have him in our family! He has Mom, Dad and Lydia (especially dad!) wrapped right around his finger.
Carousel!
At our house the opening of the city carousel is a major event. Lydia counts down to March all winter, just waiting for the day when she can go for a ride.
This year we were very excited to go on opening day for Family Home Evening, however, the carousel is only open until 6 p.m. (for the first month. It stays open later in the summer). Derek was able to rearrange some things and he and I both rushed home from work to get the kids to go in time.
Without thinking we had also scheduled a man from our neighborhood to come fix some of our blinds. He got to our house about 5:15 p.m. We thought he'd just look things over and come back but he started fixing them right away. Good news for our blinds, bad news for the carousel.
Finally Derek asked if he would mind if we just left him to finish up, explaining we had a carousel ride to get to. The man was so nice about it. He has grandkids so he totally understood.
We jumped in the car and drove downtown. We knew we'd be cutting it close, but apparently the car clock was a little slower than real time, so we didn't realize just how close.
When we pulled into the parking lot Lydia started running toward the carousel, with me close on her heels. Derek was getting Connor into his stroller. We got to the line just as the operator was telling everyone this would be the final ride of the night!
Like a crazy mom, I am yelling to Derek to hurry and bring the money and Lydia was jumping up and down. With seconds to spare we all clamored onto the carousel to enjoy our first ride of the season.
I'm sure there will be many more to follow.
Yard work and garden
I love, love, love this time of year in St. George. I just can't get enough of the outdoors! We've taken full advantage of several nice days to clean out the backyard in hopes of maintaining the beautiful flower bulbs we inherited with the house, as well as planting a few things of our own.
Lydia has thoroughly enjoyed playing in the dirt. She loves digging lately.
Rolling over
Connor has been a little bit of a hold-out on the whole rolling over thing. I can't count how many short videos I have made of him on his tummy, thinking that he was on the verge of rolling to his back. Naturally when he finally did it, my camera was not close by.
March 7, 2013 he rolled from his tummy to his back -- just one time. Lydia and I were there for it. Sadly, Derek had left for school just a few minutes before.
He has yet to repeat the trick for us.
Preening
On several occasions lately I've caught Lydia talking to herself in the mirror. She is often introducing herself to this new-found "friend" in the mirror. It's adorable! Usually she is talking to this mirror person the way she talks to all her imaginary friends.
In the case of the picture below, she was not only talking to herself in the mirror, but preening as she did so. Apparently she was quite taken with her appearance that day. Please note, this was not actually St. Patrick's Day as her ensemble would lead you to believe. But it was in March, so I guess we're OK. Also note the bow tie as a hair bow again. Love it.







1 comments:
Adorable! What cute little babies, Lisa!
Post a Comment