Saturday, January 25, 2014

Deckin' the halls


This year marked a monumental first in the Larson home: We had an artificial tree. 
I've been the real hold out on this issue. I grew up with a real tree and just couldn't imagine Christmas without the look and smell of a real pine. However, something changed in my head when we went to pick up our usual real tree at Home Depot. The idea of pre-lit, no tree watering and no needles coming off just sounded so appealing. 
We ended up ordering a beautiful -- and far more affordable than I anticipated -- fake tree online. 

Lydia quickly claimed one of our decorations ("ginger lady" as she calls her) as her new bedtime companion




We were able to go help Great-Grandma Grady decorate her house as well.



More shape art. So many possibilities with her creative little brain.

One of my favorite Christmas traditions.

Decorating cookies at the neighborhood street Christmas party

0 comments: