Sunday, March 29, 2009

The final days...


To wrap up our vacation, I have to post some pictures of things we did regularly on the trip. We spent a fair amount of time laying by the pool and drinking virgin strawberry daiquiris

We shopped for all the touristy things that nobody needs. Seriously, who needs one of these Lucha Libre masks used by wrestlers in the Mexican version of WWF? My husband apparently.

We also enjoyed a nightly game of Hand and Foot -- Derek's parent's favorite card game.


And there were several beautiful sunsets, but this one was on our last night and seemed like the perfect bookend to a wonderful week before heading home to rejoin regular life.

1 comments:

Allen Family

What a blast! I just spent a few minutes catching up on your trip posts! I rolled at the booze cruise! I can just picture the only sober 4 some on the ship! If only those drunks knew how foolish they really looked through sober eyes! I often wonder how people can set themselves up for something like that? How humiliating! And yes, the tummy groping from strangers...it's a beautiful thing, this closeness that develops simply because one is preg! Love it! So, Parker was passing as I was reading your latest posts and he saw the picture of Derek in his "must have purchase"...the blue mask. Parker said, "Wow, who is that? I totally want one of those masks, mom!" Apparently Derek isn't the only one who fell in love with the souvenirs abroad! Did he happen to pick up an extra? :) Can't wait to read about your ultra sound. I'm due on the 13th...aren't you around there too? loves, jes