Actually, this merely confirmed our earlier suspicions. Derek's cousin's wife is an ultrasound tech so she brought us in for a sneak preview ultrasound (thanks Tara!) when I was only 16 weeks, back at the end of February. It was so cool to see that there really is a little baby growing inside of me! She told us she was about 85% sure it was a girl, but you never know, the baby could be hiding something. Then on Monday, March 30, we went in for the official ultrasound at my doctor's office (now at 21 weeks) and this tech also said she felt confident it was a girl. So with two unrelated people's eyes seeing the same things, I guess we can go ahead and put our eggs in the pink basket. We are both really excited, (I honestly didn't have a preference) I'm just kind of surprised. For some reason I have always thought I would have a boy first and everyone in my family (except Kevin) seemed to think the same. They were all floored. But now that the initial shock has worn off I'm trying to train my eyes to see the cute girl clothes in stores and think of girly options for a nursery whereas before I was seeing only boy. If you have any suggestions for cute baby web sites or anything, feel free to send them to me.
Naturally I'm posting some of the ultrasound pictures here, even though I can never really tell what these pictures are unless someone points everything out for me. My brother, Kevin, joked that its like looking at ink splotches in a psych evaluation. But, for what it's worth, here's our fabulous little girl...
4 comments:
CONGRATS!!! Another baby girl in the Petty family...and yes, Petty feet do exist. Just look at my little one who was wearing the 6-12 month old socks at 6 weeks old. It's so much fun!! You'll be a great Mom :)
Congratulations! That is so exciting. I'm right there with you on thinking my first was going to be a boy, but sure enough, there's my little baby girl. And she's been so much fun to have first. And, I'm not sure how your family genetics play out, but when Jane was born the nurse kept talking about how huge her feet were. Now Jane's feet are in the 6-9 month shoes and she's 13 months, so you never really know.
Hooray for pink! Your baby looks adorable from her ultrasound.
Yeah for a GIRL!
I know nothing about boys but I know girls and they are so much fun. JUst think of all the fun you'll have getting her all dressed up, the bows, the shoes.. & the best of all is seeing her with her Daddy!
My little Adella has some big feet as well, she gets those from Kevin, she gets her freakishly long arms from me. We're hoping she grows into everything. :)
Congrats to you again! I can't wait for this little one to get here!
Those are really clear pictures! I love the head profile. We showed Kate last night and told her that her newest cousin is currently living in Aunt Lisa's stomach. That seemed to answer her incessent questions of "Where is she? Can I see her?"
Post a Comment