I don't know what I expected, but I was unprepared for the lack of selection I encountered on my first stop on my shopping spree. I went to Target on Saturday -- which has provided excellent clothes for me in the past -- but in the maternity department, at least at our store here in St. George, I found them to be sorely lacking. After trying on several pieces I am embarrassed to admit I was in tears in the dressing room, wondering if I would have to simply resign myself to looking ugly for the next three months. Clearly this was more than just a shopping problem, I'll blame pregnancy hormones for at least a part of this meltdown.
A phone call to my sister helped but she pretty much told me to give up for the day and go home. Shopping in an emotional state is never a good idea.
Armed with new determination on Monday I set out to Motherhood Maternity in the mall and was instantly pleased with what I found. This sounds like a commercial, but that's not intentional. I'm sure there are many places in town where I could have found similar cute, fashionable clothes. As it was, I was left me with only one problem -- the guilt of spending so much money on myself. Replacing one's wardrobe does not come without a cost. But with the encouragement of my cute husband I bought several pieces that will hopefully help me feel stylish and beautiful for the next few months.
Also this weekend, we took updated pictures of my expanding waistline, now at 27 weeks.

5 comments:
You are looking so cute! I am glad that Motherhood Maternity treated you right - except for the shopping total of course. I like shopping a few basic pieces on Gap Maternity online (you can return them to a normal Gap store if they don't fit or you don't like them). I also was pleasantly surprised to find some super cute tops at Walmart when I was expecting with Abram. The price was right at Walmart too.
Cute, cute tummy!! I personally love that Motherhood store. It's great for getting a nursing bra after too!!
So cute! I loved buying Maternity clothes - at least if you couldn't like the way you looked, you had new clothes to be excited about. I really liked Motherhood Maternity - individually I never thought the prices were bad there, it was just once they all added up.
Cute top! And holy tummy! When did that happen? We can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
Oh Lisa you look so cute prego!
Shopping for maternity clothes is a chore. You pay way to much for something that you'll still feel like a beached whale, to only wear for a few short months!
FYI- Be prepared to go up a size in the end! I normally wear a size Medium with maternity clothes, but then at the end (think beached whale again) I have to go up to a size Large to accomidate the big belly, the mediums showed my belly in the end. It was hot.
Post a Comment